Christ The King Catholic School

Christ The King Catholic School

Let the love of God shine through us by smiling and being gentle

Free School Meals

The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’. For every child registered, Christ The King gets £1300 per year. With this money we could ensure all children are accessing the best education possible. If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also get help with costs of school trips or music tuition.

Who Is Entitled?

  • Free school meals are not provided automatically. They can be awarded if you receive any of the following:
  • Income Support
  • Job Seeker's Allowance (income-based)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
  • support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit - providing you are NOT entitled to Working Tax Credit and your family's annual income (as assessed by HMRC) is not more than £16,190 (as at 6 April 2012)
  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

If you are receiving Working Tax Credit you are not entitled to free school meals, regardless of your income. The exception is during the four-week 'run on' period when you may have stopped qualifying for but are still receiving payment of Working Tax Credit.

Children who receive Income Support or income-based Job Seeker's Allowance in their own right qualify as well. All pupils who do not qualify for free school meals must be charged the same amount for the same quantity of the same item.

Free school meals are available to eligible children that attend school within Wiltshire, on a full-time basis. This includes nursery children (of compulsory school age) who attend school full-time and sixth form students (but NOT college or Further Education level students). If you live in Wiltshire, but your child attends schools in another Local Authority area (for example Swindon), you should apply via that Local Authority.

Below you can download an application form to print and fill in. Bring this into the school office with proof of your benefits and we will then send this into Wiltshire Council. Alternatively, apply online using the link below.

Apply Online for Free School Meals